Sunday, August 3, 2008

Newest Little Member




New niece has beautiful name: Lucille Rose. Lucille is my mother's mother and Rose is my sister-in-law's mother (maybe grandmother-- the cell phone was cutting in and out.). She's really beautiful and I am told she'll be visiting the fair Midwest in November. Perhaps the youngest member of the wedding party....

Jeff saw a very intense side of me this weekend, spurred by my thwarted attempt to shop at Anthropologie, which was cut short when Jeff locked himself out of the house on Friday afternoon, and he needed my help to get back into the house. I was adamant to myself on the cab ride home that I wanted to be loving and gracious when I saw Jeff and gave him the house key. I also knew that as soon as we got into the house I was going to have a gigantic meltdown-- like a Velveeta-style meltdown to the ground. And I did.

As Debbie and Krista told me on the way to get the wedding dress: There is no hiding in marriage.

It's a wee bit scary to me that there is no hiding. Jeff is going to see all parts of me, and he'll hear them and smell them and feel them. It's the scariest thing I can think of-- to be so messy in front of someone else who is going to love me anyway. Maybe he loves me because I can totally fall apart and be that vulnerable in his presence. That's hard to believe.

There is no hiding in marriage.

I love my wedding dress. Don't tell anyone.

No comments: