Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake!



My self-appointed task for this week is to deal with the cake. In an act of unbridled (get it?) generosity, I am doing something I never, ever do: gathering quotes so we can look at the relative economic benefits of each potential choice. The examples of me eschewing this process are legion. But, I celebrate this sea change! I have a quote in hand from Bittersweet and Alliance Bakery is going to call me back. This is a good task for me. I don't care that much about cake, except that I want there to be enough. Some people who are near and dear to me really, really love their cake so I want those who indulge to do so as much as they would like. Also, because J's mother's birthday is the same day as our wedding, we are getting her a cake too.

Here's what I have learned thus far in my cake pricing exercise:

1. I am excited to go through this process because it is good to stretch and undertake processes that are unfamiliar, but also because I believe it will make J happy.

2. Cake AIN'T cheap.

No comments: