Thursday, August 28, 2008

Biden My Time

Still not feeling it. Want to, but still not feeling it. When watching the video montage of Biden before his speech last night, I felt a little melting of my hardened heart. The other half of my brain was willing me not to melt over some propgaganda film. After all, look what Triumph of the Will did. I am not saying Biden is a Nazi-- not at all-- but film images can be powerful galvanizing forces and I want to think critically, even about the people chosen by the leaders I really respect and admire. And, hope to vote for in November.

Yes, his son Beau is sort of cute and his name is curious and so southern. Is his full name Beauregard?

And yes, I was sad to hear about the death of his first wife and daughter.

But, I am not there yet. I may have started to come around when I heard he passed the Violence Against Women Act. Just not quite there.

No comments: