Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ghandi-licious


How cute is my husband to be? He just spend an hour down in my office helping me go through some numbers I am supposed to be crunching. I got stuck in mid-crunch and asked him to take a look. I figured his fancy Kellogg degree was worth bringing to bear on the situation. Undoubtedly it went farther than my women's studies/humanities degree from U of C! We had the usual banter about how using tables in Microsoft Word is far inferior to the wonders of Excel and I explained for the 280th time that I don't know how to use Excel and don't plan on learning any time soon. If I wanted to learn Excel, I would go get a business degree.

But, J is a saint. I often compare him to Gandhi. Same patience, same amount of body fat, and same hair line. We each bring such different things to the table. Each of us is like half of a rainbow, and together we have all the colors we need. I can't fathom how anyone could look at spreadsheets and enjoy the process of figuring out the calculation for the missing metric. He looked up about 15 minutes into process and said, totally genuinely, "this is fun."

Anyway, I took a break from introducing the members of the bridal caboose to shout out to the man who is making all of this possible. I also need to get pictures of my other bridal caboose riders. I am trying to go in alphabetical order-- we are a sensitive lot and I don't want to hurt any feelings by picking an arbitrary order. (We are going alphabetical by last name.)

Some days I just know I am so blessed.

No comments: