Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meet the Maid of Honor



Having been so influenced by the Olympics and the media's treatment of the athletes, I decided to profile my bridesmaids here as a celebration of who they are and what they mean to me. We start at the beginning with my sister, Caroline. I have known her all of her life since she is my younger sister. She's the same woman who brought us the Party P. She lives in the Red State with her wonderful husband and the Party P! I love her sense of humor and her big heart. She's very compassionate. I have so far called her twice while wracked with sobs asking her to be on duty as a maid of honor. As a married woman she is supposed to be called a "matron" of honor, but I hate the word "matron," so we're going with "maid." Come to think of it, I have issues with "maid" too, but matron just doesn't fit the ladies in the Bridal Caboose. Caroline is a great mom and a hard working professional woman with tons of friends and a really cute dog, Mookie. I am scared of dogs myself, but as far as big labs go, Mookie is a good one.

Caroline just sent out the information for my bachelorette party, so that's going to be one hot party. I am very excited. We are going to a dance studio that hosts bachelorette parties-- we will get a lesson, and hang out. I am hoping that Annie Ross will make a pinata full of my favorite candies and we will probably go somewhere fun to eat. I am very excited about this!!
So, Caroline has been there every step of the way and I am so happy she's going to be such a huge part of our wedding. (Been trying to refer to the wedding as "ours" and not "mine.") J and I love hanging out with Caroline and her husband, because they are really supportive and we know they have our backs. It's a good feeling.

No comments: