Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meet the Other Maid of Honor


Never one to follow rules or keep it small, I am blessed to have two maids of honor. Emphasis on HONOR not on maid. Joyce has been a great friend to me since we met in Evanston on Christmas Eve in 2001. I love Joyce because she is a tireless supporter of self-care and abundance. She has opened her home and her life to me and to J and we adore her and her husband, the Silver Surfer. Joyce is an amazing artist, whose work can be seen at her website: http://www.joycepolance.com/. CHECK IT OUT! Her work is intense and real and developing more and more texture and depth everyday. We are proud owners of two early Polances, as well as some of her encaustic pieces. J and I hope that we continue to earn enough money to enjoy collecting Polances for a long, long time!
Joyce is also an avid cyclist who is able to keep up with the Silver Surfer on the steepest of hills. And also the Pyrennes mountains. Joyce has always been available to me, though it's a little harder to reach her during July evenings when the Tour De France is on! I love her passion and her art and her humor and her capacity for joy and relaxation. I have a lot to learn from her. She's been generous enough to host a shower for me in early September, and I am very excited, though a little nervous to have so much attention and love lavished on me and J.
J and I are toying with asking Joyce's talented son, Evan, to be our videographer for our wedding. We want something that is down to earth and reflects some of the sponteneity of the event... we think Evan's film-making skills will be a nice addition to the wedding family.




No comments: