Friday, August 22, 2008

Brains and Beauty-- All Aboard!


It's not easy to have a little baby and a thriving law practice and a cutie-pie house and a wonderful marriage! But Cindy does it and she does it with grace and style. She also just sent me an email that my wedding is only 100 days away. Is that close or far? I guess we'll find out.
I love Cindy because she is a total original-- there is only one Cindy. Cindy and I lived together during our third year of professional school and our first year of our careers. My favorite memory of her is spending Spring Break in Punta Cana laying in the sun, reading books and watching the crazy Euro tourists strut around in bathing suits that were way too small. We've had wonderful adventures together. Another highlight was going to one of our other friend's from law school's wedding in Florida over Thanksgiving in 2005. What happened in Florida stays in Florida, but I will say that was the last time I smoked a cigar.
I met Cindy and her husband Garrett at the same time. I saw them date, fall in love, break up, get back together, get married and procreate! They have always been unbelieveably generous with me-- sharing their lives, their holidays and their families. Both of them have the nicest and most attentive parents you could ever want to know. The best Thanksgiving food I have ever had in my life was at Cindy's mom's house in 2001. Italian Thanksgiving...SIGN ME UP!
J and I wanted to showcase marriages that were influential to us and Cindy and Garrett are at the top of my list. I asked them to pick a reading to read together at our wedding. We want to be suprised. The only guidance we gave the readers was "nothing from the Bible." I can't wait to see what Cindy and Garrett pick. The bridal caboose is co-ed!!

No comments: