Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What's That Smell?


I survived another dress fitting with the joyful aid of top rate supporter, Joanna S! Like last time, my visit to the dress doctor was a little strange. The gentleman at the desk thought it was funny when the younger associate couldn't find my dress. She went back and forth between two closets several times with a furrow on her brow. The desk guy kept saying, "what do you mean you lost the dress?" I asked if I should be concerned and Joanna helped me keep my emotions in check.
When they showed us to the room where my dress was, I put it on and mentioned to Joanna that the room seemed to smell like a strange chemical. I thought it was formaldehyde. Turns out it was my dress. How a gown ends up smelling like something a frog should be floating in before a 6th grade class dissects it is a very good question. One that I asked several times. I got no good answers. The seamstress said it might be the dye in the dress, but it's never smelled before and the dress has been the same color for at least 2 months. So, that's a fun and challenging item I get to add to my ever burgeoning To Do List: Get toxic smell removed from wedding dress.


Sweet.



No comments: