Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 29, 2008

Hmmmmm. October 29 . . . . Rings a bell. Maybe because it's one month until our wedding. Time is moving a little bit faster now, especially because work has gotten a lot busier. I think that is good because it's keeping me out of trouble and helped me step away from nursing resentments about people who don't RSVP on time. Whatever it takes, right?

I have no deep thoughts.

I have plenty of deep feelings.

There are about 4 minutes every night before I fall asleep where I completely give in to the joy and just buzz around the room, bugging Jeff by pretending to pick the boogers out of his nose or by telling him that my stomach itches. He usually says, "well, then scratch it." Then, I explain that it itches from the inside and I can't scratch it unless I swallow a stick. It's a brief little portal into my little kid side, who is so excited to be creating a family and feels so free because Jeff is almost stuck with me for life. Why not try to pick his boogers? In those 4 minutes, it makes more sense than anything else in the world. Eight or nine hours later when I wake up to go to the gym or to work, I will be back to my rational, grumpy "I have so much do to; I am so stressed" personality. Poor, poor me I am planning a really fun party with all of my friends (except those who do not RSVP) and I have a few little details to work out in the next 4 weeks.

No comments: