Friday, September 26, 2008

HOT HOT HOT


I just had the supreme honor of accompanying my financee to a certain Chicago department store to sign off on the purchase of the super fine black suit he will don to become my husband. This suit is HAWT! I mean it is white hot fine fine fine. I was so excited to see it. While I was visiting a certain doctor who is about to have another hiatus (as soon as I cross the line to "it's two months until my wedding), Jeff was on a sartorial frolic of his own finding himself a wedding outfit. He was aided by the capable salesman Derrick who shook my hand and laughed when Jeff called me the boss. Derrick and Jeff had already pinned the suit for alterations so when Jeff tried it on for me, it fit him like a Hallmark greeting card fits in its envelope.
Jeff looks tall and handsome and very lean in the suit-- which is another way of saying that he looks like himself. My new favorite way to torture Jeff is to grab his stomach and poke around for some fat. There is none, ever, even after a lunchtime visit to Chipotle, but I love the chase, especially on a crowded Chicago street during rush hour.
We have cruised into the portion of wedding planning that is really intimate and all about us. It's so much more fun to work on the program and the party favor because it requires no input for anyone we have to pay or hire or consult. It's me and Jeff. I really love working on the parts that are purely about who we are and what we want to share with each other and all of our guests. Wedding dress shopping and floral designer visits may have their charms (and annoyances), but when Jeff and I can work on our own time and unleash our creativity, we are at our very best.

No comments: