Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bridal Lesson Number 1.3(a)(ii)


If I learn nothing else from this experience, and I honestly may not, I hope to learn to be flexible. The subpart to that lesson is to accept help when someone offers it. Yesterday's bridal blunder involved me planning too many things at one time. I am notorious for this in my everyday life, but now it has taken on epic proportions. When your mother and future mother-in-law come into town for your bridal shower, do not schedule your first dress fitting at the same time. Also, schedule as little as possible for downtown during the worst construction phase in Chicago history.

Luckily more divine intervention swooped in to save the day. That little bronze lady to my right is Mother Patricia and she was watching over all of us yesterday. I had lots of angels helping me calm down yesterday when things seems to be going awry with traffic, a work emergency, schedules, airports, low blood sugar.

And here's the best lesson of all: everything got done, everyone did a part, I learned to schedule a little more lightly (here's hoping), and I feel a lot more humble from having to accept so much help just to get through one longish Saturday!

Jeff said last night this weekend was a good rehearsal for the wedding. All I have to say is that I need more practice and I need to always, always carry several snacks in my purse. Special shout out to Trish whose generosity with her Kind granola bar saved us all from a trip to the psych ward last night because without that almondy goodness, we very well may have ended up there!

No comments: