Saturday, September 27, 2008

2 Months

Doesn't Jeff look great from this angle? I totally agree!!!

Having caught the bug from our friends in Avondale, we decided to do a little painting ourselves! We picked a perfect color last night during our date to Home Depot: Sunkissed Yellow. It's bright, happy and has a great name. We are painting our second guest bedroom that I keep referring to as my office. I have a great vision for this room as a cheery, pastel, cozy nook to hang out, write a little note, read a book or clear my thoughts. I found a perfect pastel multicolored rug to match from Land of Nod. And, one day, this gender-neutral room with pastel accents may become a place to put new editions...such as outfits from Ann Taylor Loft or little people that I pop out of my womb. Whichever.

It was really fun to work together on this project. I was able to take in Jeff's suggestions and we worked really well together. Very satisfying work.


Jeff is good at getting the high-up spaces and I am good at getting the low down. All about symbiosis.

I keep reminding anyone who will listen that it is the last weekend in September and we are getting married in the last weekend in November. That means our wedding is close. And I got a little help with all the feelings that is bringing up today....


Yes, bridal caboose members made an early housecall to Wishbone for 8:00 am meeting with the stated topic of Helping Christie Prepare For Her Wedding and Honeymoon. Over a little spot of grits and eggs, the ladies guided me through my anxieties, let me vision for who I want to be in the next 62 days and then on my honeymoon. Both Krista and Debbie went through the wedding/honeymoon bonanza in 2007 and 2005, respectively, and they were full of loving advice and tidbits, which have been recorded in a notebook for me to revisit when I need a little reminder that (1) it's ok to be a mess during the next few months, (2) I should take a day or two off in the next 2 months to take care of some errands on a weekday and (3) it's ok to stop and breathe. The breakfast pow-wow opened me up to more joy about this whole process. It's going to start going really quickly from here, and my friends are helping stay present through all of it.

No comments: