Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks.Giving.

And we are OFF! The wedding weekend has begun and everyone's belly is full. I am exhausted beyond words, but first a few words for Bridled With Joy! This is my last post until I am a bona fide Mrs. so I want to go out with a bang!

I have never been more thankful, had more abundance and been more surrounded by family and friends and friends who are like family and family who are also friends. The stuffing was moist, the pumpkin cookies were flawless, and the company....just thinking about this amazing group of wonderful people brings crocodile tears to my eyes.


Here are the Polances posing with us after some TASTY thanksgiving treats.
Jeff, Jesse and David mugging for the camera!
We put the kids to work as soon as they got here, and they graciously obliged us by working on the wedding party favor and the programs. These are such good kids-- great California stock.
More manual labor from the Dubins, led by expert project manager, JoJo Ellis, who is my favorite person on the planet right now. She took control and gave everyone a job and next thing I knew we had programs and party favors. If you ever swing by the Sofitel in LA, ask for JoJo she'll give you the royal treatment.
Life of the party in in special, warm Chicago p.j.'s-- Party P!
USS Marina in da port! She saved me several times when I was in awkward conversations and she taught me a special happy song about a fishing pole and a watering hole. I will sing it this weekend when I need to go to the happy place. Expect to hear it early and often.

Thanksgiving indeed.

No comments: