Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's the Little Things

Jeff and I have survived the weekend before our wedding, which was no easy feat. We thought we would be ahead of the curve for all the last minute stuff, but our past 2 weeks at work were way busier and life handed up precious surprises for which we are blessed, but also sort of stressed about the list of stuff for the big W.

I am happy to report that we ran most of the errands on our list and had a lot of fun along the way. Hightlights include a foray to T.J. Maxx for some last minute linens I insisted we get. I knew I would marry Jeff the first time we went to T.J. Maxx and he knew, I mean he just knew, how to work the story and find its gems beneath the dust, filth and crap. That takes a special talent, and I had never seen it in a man. He's good. If there is a Le Creuset pot or a Wustof knife at T.J. Maxx, Jeff will find it in all its red-tagged glory. My talents are best served in the purse and shoe department, so together we make a really good team.



Here's our intrepid groom at Register 5 at our neighborhood T.J. Maxx, where we got the max for the minimum. You can see the yummy Ralph Lauren throw blanket we got for our guest bedroom on the counter. It was soon to be ours. We want the guests staying with us for the wedding to slumber in style, even if it was last season's style.
And better yet, Jeff let me test my new formaldehyde-free nail polish on his feet. I was having trouble deciding which one to go with and he was kind enough to serve as my model. We went with the dark red, as opposed to the almost-black. I love my new Zoya polish-- good for the environment and good for the body. I never showed Jeff where the nail polish remover is so he's still got painted nails. True love comes in many colors, people!

We have confirmed that we are certifiably insane for hosting Thanksgiving 3 days before our wedding. This, however, was not news to us. While I am at a much-needed therapy session tomorrow, Jeff will perform the heroic trip to Costco by himself, though he promised to say hi to the frozen yogurt I love so much there. We'll meet up at lunch time (after I follow up therapy with a much-needed pedicure-- I can attest that Jeff's feet look better than mine) and then we are spending the afternoon baking with Jeff's mom, Carol. Carol, unlike me, can cook-- really, really cook. I believe our menu is lemon bars, pumpkin cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and brownies. I am going to wear my favorite apron and try to keep things in check so that my dress really will fit on Saturday without having to re-engineer the bodice!

It's going to be a good week. One week from now, I will probably be in my bed reading the New York Times and looking at Jeff and trying to process that he is my husband. When I farted on him tonight he laughed ruefully and said that he is looking forward to me being less inhibited once we get married.

No comments: