Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday Morning Birthday Fellowship

In celebration of our dear friend Joyce's birthday, the high court of the Bridal Caboose gathered for organic, vegan breakfast yesterday at the ripe hour of 8:00 a.m. We almost got kicked out by the frazzled and controlling owner slash waiter, but the eggs were divine and the company unparalleled. It was nice to take a break from dissecting the campaign, stressing about our jobs, planning our weddings, plotting our careers, and showing up in general as the Adult Women we are to laugh, order in an esteemably high maintenance fashion and just catch up.


We are the kind of women who will change the world; who are changing the world. The therapists, artists, mothers, students, business women, landlords, wives, fiances, gardeners, friends. Sometimes, when I feel bad about myself because the committee in my head says, "you are not doing enough; your hobbies are lame," I think of these women and come to believe that the voices in my head are lies. These extraordinary women show me my own belovedness everytime I am in their presence.



Debbie and I after sharing some colon friendly oat bran pancakes and delicious cage-free eggs. We are smiling because we have just decided to go to Ulta 3 for nail polish and beauty browsing. Life is good.

Joyce and Trish are smiling because we all enjoyed Joyce's words of wisdom this morning: "Presents are fun." It's beautiful, simple, and true. Like us!


Two scoops of Mary in the morning does a body good. Our beloved Marys pause for the shutterbug. This is how we look first thing in the morning-- no wonder other women are envious and men are swooning.

I wasn't quick enough on the draw to capture the fair and lovely visage of Krista BB, who left our happy meal to attend a composting workshop. God's work.



No comments: